Buying Your Home:
1) The first step we recommend is to get pre-approved for a Mortgage. This will give you a top line on what the bank believes you can afford. Being pre-approved can also facilitate negotiations of a property.
2) What type and size home do you need or want? Are you looking for a Ranch style, two story, or tri-level? Do you need a basement? How many total rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, etc...?
3) How much do you offer the sellers when you finally find the right home? This is where it is to your advantage to have a Real Estate Agent to negotiate for you. Whether buying or selling your home it is usually best not to interact with anyone other than your agent. Basically, you do not want to give them any tips on how you feel about the house.
4) Should you have the home inspected? If your offer to purchase has been accepted, you can hire a Home Inspector if you want to. They will look for several kinds of deficiencies in the home. They will look for structural, mechanical, and cosmetic deficiencies internal and external throughout the home.
5) Closing of your home can be stressful. Things can go much smoother by hiring a good Real Estate Agent and an Attorney to handle all of the technical issues.
Make your dreams a reality!